Tuesday, May 10, 2011

HW 54

I am not very religious but I was raised a Christian. After doing some research it was very clear that the social norms of common day society is what Christian's follow. In many articles passages from John were brought up, Christian's look at there life as a gift from God and passing away is just part of there journey for God. There is an order in which things are to be done when one is passing or passed away. First a priest must read the person their last rights so their transition is easy and blessed, secondly there is a vigil wake, where the loved ones can say their last good byes and prayers, thirdly there is a requiem mass were non Catholic visitors are welcomed to say their last good byes. During the mass the head of the person must be facing towards the priest. Last but not least there is the burial or cremation.

I decided to go to a church that I went to as a child and talk to one of the priest. I felt very uncomfortable randomly talking to a priest for many reasons. Two main reasons were one the fact that I am gay and that's a sin and two I haven't been to a full mass in over 7 years. So I took a seat in the one of the benches and prayed, not for anything in peculiar just random prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment