Monday, May 23, 2011

HW 58 Interviews

Age: 17
Are you looking forward to prom?
No, Just the after party.

Why?
Its a big party were everyone can drink and just have a good time.

Well isn't that just like any other party during the year?
Yes but Its special knowing it's prom, and everyone is dressed a lot nicer.

Do you agree that after prom is an excuse for people to hook up and just blame it on the alcohol?
Yes but regardless people will do that.

Are your thoughts about pro and the after party based off of movies?
Yes I find it quite pathetic that in order to experience something we base it off of movies or things celebrity's do.

Age: 18
Was prom everything you wanted it to be?
Yes I loved dancing with my teachers and everyone was extremely happy and there was no drama. That was the first time all year everyone got along.

Why do you think that was?
The enviorment was just happy and I think people realized that this would be one of the last times we all got to be together.

How was the after party?
We went to an expensive club that was not worth it. I wish we did something else, I barley danced and the people at the club were boring.

What would you change about prom?
The amount of time it took for me to get ready. Being a girl the day of prom is one of the hardest experience's. If one thing goes wrong you think your world has ended.

Age: 55
What was your prom like?
To be honest I don't even remember.

Was it that horrible? Or just to long ago?
It was a while ago (chuckles) and it was just a normal night, we didn't do all the crazy dresses and hair doo's. It was about drinking punch and dancing to music.

Did you have an after party?
I think my after party was going to my best friends house and watching movies, but I don't exactly remember.

I found it amazing that the oldest person I asked didn't even remember details from her prom and it didn't bother her one bit. I feel like prom is played out to be this amazing event when in reality it will be slowly forgotten as years go by. It was also interesting ho where after party was just a simple get together watching movies, now a days people would be considered "lame" or "uncool" if they did that after prom. Like most high schoolers the after party is what juniors and seniors look forward too. But what if your after party isn't everything you wanted it to be? Would your whole experience be ruined? It's sad that movies are what teenagers base their experiences off of. The first person I interviewed admitted that she finds it pathetic that her thoughts on prom are based off of movies. I agree that basing our personal experiences off of something that is scripted should not be how we decided to live life, but then again everything we do is scripted such as going to school and following rules.







No comments:

Post a Comment