Monday, May 16, 2011

HW 55

Video link: http://vimeo.com/23832333
I was surprised when Christina and Salathen said they didn't really care about what happens to them because they will be dead and won't know either way. Christina goes to church every Sunday so I figured she would have a more in depth thought about the plans she has for her body after death. I never thought about death as something i wouldn't have a part in once I'm dead, so hearing Christina and Salathen say they didn't care makes perfect sense now. It was nice how Yarelyn said she would let her mother decide were to throw her ashes and then did the gesture the sun the god and the holy spirit and looked up to towards the sky. I found this very interesting because she did it as a gesture of luck/ protection that her mom will still be here once it is Yarelyn's time to go. I tend to do that when I pass cemetery's and churches. I personally don't know why I do it, it became a random habit after seeing my grandmother doing it.

2 comments:

  1. I liked christina's and Salathen's views on death, you wont know what hurts or whats being done with your body cause your dead and wont feel it. I think that puts ease to my mind (and possibly others) when I think about death. I like how you question your own actions when it comes to drawing a cross on your chest and kissing your hand to the sky. I also wondered why people did this and will probably ask or do some research on it. Your video was nicely put together and was interesting to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your video was very creative and interesting and I was also interested in the different perspectives about what people believe happens after death. I think people don't think about death very often and that is why they are sometimes surprised when asked questions about death.

    ReplyDelete